If there is one thing in this world that I am very good at, it is celebrating an occasion no matter how small. In fact, I think I might celebrate more than I work, quite frankly. Or, maybe I just don’t consider what I do work because I enjoy it. Or maybe documenting life’s celebrations is the work. Or, well, nevermind, you get the idea. Moving on.
The other day happened. And it was a reason to celebrate!
Not only was it the first snow day of the season, but I also finalized my first syndication contract! I am officially somewhat fancy, so I made a fancy brunch for the boys. I woke up early, set the table and even used the (not so expensive just in case) stemware. Mini monkey bread bubble buns, baked bacon, Cheerios they could pour themselves, (which is always exciting for a three year old) and clementines. To drink they had freshly squeezed orange juice, and hot cocoa with big marshmallows.
They woke up to snow, no school and this.
There was bacon and marshmallows and snow. Needless to say, it was a success.
And now I’m posting this photo of Max just because I’m a super cheesy mom.
So, I wanted to thank you all, so much, for taking the time to pin my recipes and photos over and over (and over) again. I hope you all have a very merry weekend. Don’t forget to celebrate the little things.
Mini Monkey Bread Bubble Buns
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cans of (regular sized) refrigerator biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 ounces of Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- buttermilk or whole milk for thinning (a few tablespoons)
For the mini monkey bread bubble buns:
- Grease or spray 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- Mix butter and brown sugar; spoon 1 tablespoon mixture into each muffin cup.
- Mix granulated sugar and cinnamon in 1-gallon bag.
- Separate dough into 20 biscuits; cut each in 6 pieces. Shake pieces in bag to coat generously.
- Place 10 pieces in each muffin cup and sprinkle some additional mixture from bag over each cup if desired.
- Place muffin tin on a large baking sheet (in case of overflow).
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute Serve warm with cream cheese icing (below).
For the Icing: In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until whipped and soft. Add a splash of milk or butter milk to thin the icing a bit and mix again. Spoon icing over warm mini monkey bread bubble buns and serve.