We spent the day outside today.   The pool and the gentle breeze were pleasant and the passing clouds were timed perfectly to cool the deck slightly.  I didn’t burn my toes as I removed them from the crisp clean water of the baby pool and onto the steamy boards of the deck.  I heard a rustling of the trees, so I turned slightly with the boys right behind me, I peered past my sunglasses only to see a very slow and very well-fed papa bear.  He slowly stepped forward.  We slowly stepped back, boys behind my arms. Fortunately we were about 20 yards back, but still that sort of thing is quite alarming.  I mean this bear’s head was the size of a dinosaur.

It was.

Anyway, we went inside after that, slightly skin-crisped from the sun anyway, despite layers of sunblock on the kids —Oh, right I’m supposed to put it on myself too.  Forgot.

Anyway, what was I saying?  Oh right!

I made this flatbread for a simple panini late lunch/early supper this mid-afternoon.  Garlic, rosemary and a bit of parmesan grated all over it make it less than boring.  Gosh I love olive oil salt and pepper, don’t you?  Seems like every recipe I write these days has those three things in it.  I wonder what the world would be like without olive oil, salt and pepper.  I bet that dinosaur-headed-bear would like it.  Not me, though.

• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove minced or grated
  • 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
  • 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
  • sea salt and black pepper
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Parmigiano-reggiano

Place olive oil garlic and rosemary in a small saucepan over low heat with olive oil.

Put oven rack in upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.  Divide dough in half, keeping one half covered with a clean lightly floured kitchen towel. Roll out other half to 1/8 inch thick.  Place on parchment lined baking sheet.  Using pastry brush, brush the infused olive oil onto the dough.  Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and half the parmesan.  Place in preheated oven until golden brown. Remove first sheet tray and top with remaining parmigiano-reggiano.  Repeat with remaining dough.

33 Responses to Garlic Rosemary Parmesan Flatbread

1. [...] particular little appetizer is my garlic rosemary parmesan flatbread topped with a drizzle of chive oil, with piped cream cheese (seasoned lightly with salt and pepper) [...]

2. i got goose skin. A bear. og my goodness! you’re so brave Kate. I would have schemed my lungs out!
    The flat bread looks fantastic!!

3. Great recipe! Plus a somewhat scary story…glad you are all safe. Probably should have offered a small piece to the bear? You know, it’s really delicious, might get him onside…. :)

4. Wow!! This looks amazing! I always love doing little orderve parties, and this is a great recipe!

5. Rosemary, garlic and Parmesan.. delicious! Congrats on the Top 9, well deserved!

6. Alyce says:

two of my favorite things rosemary And garlic

7. Heather says:

Thank you for posting this yumminess, and congrats on Top 9!

8. Peggy says:

It’s simple and easy flatbreads like this that I love!

9. Kita says:

Its way too early in the morning to be craving such things, but rosemary always gets me! This looks great.

10. Blond Duck says:

Now I want to go swimming and come home to this bread!

11. kitchenarian says:

I love bread with garlic and spices on top. This looks delicious! Congrats on Top 9! The bear…not so cool.

12. Elies_Lie says:

garlic, rosemary + parmesasan on a bread – my 3 fav ingredients!
    Looks so tempting Kate!
    Congratz for the top 9 on Foodbuss! ;)

13. the texture of this flatbread looks wonderful! I tried making it a good few months back and it was ok…but could definitely have done with a fair bit of tweaking! Hope to give your recipe a go for sure, looks easy and delicious :)

14. N. says:

Parmesan, garlic and rosemary…- so tasty!

N.

15. Parsley Sage says:

Okay. Big bear. Not cool!

Your flatbread’s cool though :) Sounds flavorlicious! I’m a total sucker for garlic

16. Parsley Sage says:

Okay. Big bear. Not cool!

17. Juanita says:

A bear – up close and personal – fabulous and terrifying too!

But your rosemary flatbread – up close and personal – looks divine! Just look at those layers of soft bread.
    I remarked to my husband that tonight was one of those night’s I miss being able to eat gluten-filled goodness like your parmesan flatbread. A lot.

18. briarrose says:

Beautiful texture and flavor. Great job.

19. I adore flatbread and yours looks soo good!

20. Val says:

Simplicity at it’s best. I don’t even want to contemplate a world with no olive oil, salt or pepper!

21. Michelle says:

Such an easy way to do it! So smart!

That looks delicious! What a way to adapt an ingredient! Be careful with the bears, tho! Wowza!

Gorgeous flatbread! Love the big flakes of salt.

Mmmmmm….I think rosemary, garlic and Parm would be my top choices for flatbread flavorings. Yours looks delish!

25. Holy Crap a Bear?!?!? Scary! This flat bread though looks wonderful! Would make a great crust for pizza, just a side with dinner, a yummy sandwich – oh the possibilities!

26. Oh that looks super delish. I can almost taste the flaky layers from that photo!

27. This sounds so good and you can’t go wrong with a little help from store-bought pizza dough. Sounds fantastic!!

28. sara826 says:

Can I have some right now? That would have gone perfectly with tonight’s dinner.

29. I was looking for something to use my rosemary on…I always go back to the basic chicken recipes. This looks yummy!

30. Flatbread has the option to customize and I clearly make use of that benefit whenever I get the chance. If anyone has a house full of people with identical tastes, I envy them because it doesn’t exist here. Lovely picture of tasty flatbread, topped your way-yum!

31. Christine says:

Looks wonderful… love it!

%d bloggers like this: