I make sauce a lot. All types of sauce. I make cheesy sauces, cream sauces, tomato sauces, among others. It helps when you’re a vegetarian to always have a good sauce you can smother all over bread.
This is my tomato basil sauce. I use it for pizza and as my own sauce when the boys are having a meat sauce. I think it’s delicious. You should try it too .
Simple, Fast, Easy, Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic or roasted garlic , grated or minced
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper (*Optionally More, To Taste)
- 28-Ounce Can Roma Style Tomatoes
- 6 Ounces (1 can) Tomato Paste
- Kosher or Sea Salt 1 tbs. (*Optionally More, To taste)
- 1/4 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Cup, Packed Basil Leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated, parmesan (optional)
- Ground Black Pepper* (optional)
1. Place large pot over medium heat.
2. Add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir and let cook until you can smell the garlic.
3. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir & bring to light simmer. Add Balsamic vinegar.
4. Add Salt. Taste. Add more salt if needed. Taste. Repeat salt, if necessary.
5. Add basil. Simmer for about 2 minutes more. Stir. Turn off of heat.
Bring to room temp. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.