It’s date night tonight with Mike. I am making Vegan Pizza Puttanesca. I was going to share the recipe with you, but I haven’t created it yet. I need to make it at least once before sharing. I like to do things at least 3 times before I make them an official recipe. Besides that, when I thought about giving you the pizza recipe, I realized I hadn’t given you the sauce recipe yet. You see where this is going?
I make sauce a lot. All types of sauce. I make cheesy sauces, cream sauces, tomato sauces, among others. It helps when you’re a vegetarian to always have a good sauce you can smother all over bread. I like bread. Sauce makes bread even better.
This is my tomato basil sauce. I use it for pizza and as my own sauce when the boys are having a meat sauce. I think it’s delicious. You should try it too .
Simple, Fast, Easy, Tomato Basil Sauce
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic or roasted garlic , grated or minced
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper (*Optionally More, To Taste)
- 28-Ounce Can Roma Style Tomatoes
- 6 Ounces (1 can) Tomato Paste
- Kosher or Sea Salt 1 tbs. (*Optionally More, To taste)
- 1/4 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Cup, Packed Basil Leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated, parmesan (optional)
- Ground Black Pepper* (optional)
1. Place large pot over medium heat.
2. Add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir and let cook until you can smell the garlic.
3. Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir & bring to light simmer. Add Balsamic vinegar.
4. Add Salt. Taste. Add more salt if needed. Taste. Repeat salt, if necessary.
5. Add basil. Simmer for about 2 minutes more. Stir. Turn off of heat.
Bring to room temp. Refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to a month.
Sharing is Caring:
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
Tagsamerican appetizer autumn Baking basil breakfast brunch Butter Cake Children Chocolate Christmas Cooking Dessert dinner easy entertaining fall fast Food Garlic gluten free healthy holiday homemade Kate from Scratch KfS kids light lunch muffin onion Recipe salad Savory simple Soup spicy spring summer Sweet tomato vegan Vegetarian winter