What’s for dinner this St. Patrick’s Day?   Colcannon and Grilled, Whiskey-Marinated Grass-Fed, Tri-Tip Steak.  Really rolls off the tongue doesn’t it?  Let’s call it, “Colcannon and Whiskey Steak” instead.

Whiskey Steak

• 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup whiskey
  • 3 tbs. olive oil
  • 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon pepper
  • Grass-fed Tri-Tip Steak

Directions: In a sautee pan over medium low heat, add all ingredients except for steak.   Once onions begin to turn translucent, remove from heat to cool.  Place marinade and steak in an air tight bag.  Seal and massage marinade into steak.  Place bag with steak into the refrigerator for 3-6 hours.  Remove from bag.  Place on preheated grill and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes on one side and about two minutes on the other (this will vary depending on how you like your steak cooked and how thick your steak is cut).

Tagged with:

19 Responses to Whiskey Steak: An Irish Celebration

1. You are seriously making me hungry. That tri-tip looks perfectly cook. I’m craving some steak now! Thanks for the post.

• I haven’t eaten meat in 18 years, and this one looked and smelled so good, I was ready to dive right in. Making this was the first time I’ve ever been jealous of meat-eaters. I did it to myself too, that’s the worst part! So good, you must try it.

2. Geraldine Fox says:

When you ask, ‘Who doesn’t like mashed potatoes?’ I’m the one you answers, ‘i don’t.’ I don’t hate them, I just don’t see anything to like about them. But colcannon sounds great. The cabbage should add a great taste to the potatoes. I will try it rigth after my next trip to the grocery store. Thanks.

3. Lin Ann says:

What a lovely meal and beautiful post! My kids are picky too. Even when I try to hide the veggies in a dish, they find them. Congratulations on featured dish today!

4. I love your version of colcannon, as it looks unbelievably good! Have any interest is sharing this in my St. Patrick’s Day blog hop?

5. Any dish that screams for bacon id definitely for me!

6. fooddreamer says:

I’ve heard of colcannon but I wasnt’ really sure what it was until now. Sounds like my kind of dish, along with this lovely steak!

7. Thanks for sharing! I love trying out new Irish recipes!

8. Frank44 says:

This looks amazing! We’ll definitely be trying the menu for St. patty’s Day Dinner. Thanks for the post!

9. kitchenarian says:

I have never tried colcannon, but you certainly made it look delicious. And even though I don’t eat red meat often the whiskey steak looks fantastic. Great job.

10. akcuisine says:

It sounds like you were able to get your diverse family all on board for this Irish dinner. I’m partial to the Whiskey Steak part of the menu and plan to fix this in the next week or two, improvising for in-kitchen preparation rather than grilling outdoors.

%d bloggers like this: